The Cloister commenced by Thomas des Chambres was finished by Raoul de Villedieu, in 1228. The general form is an irregular quadrilateral figure composed of four galleries that surround the discovered yard or area of the Cloister.
The hall called Knights’ hall was begun in 1215 by Robert des Isles who died in 1218. Thomas des Chambres who succeeded him, finished it about 1220. It was called Knights’ hall only after the institution of the Order of Saint-Michel, established by Louis XI in 1469 ; it was used before as the Hall of the general assemblies or as that of the Chapter of the Abbey.
The Merveille was begun in 1203 by Jourdain XVII abbot, 1191 to 1212; he built the room of the Almonry, the Cellar, and began the Refectory above the Almonry which Raoul des Isles finished from 1212 to 1218.