The Nave

The work of restoration commenced in 1873 under the direction of the commission of historical buildings, necessitated, in 1875, excavations under the flagstones of the large platform of the west, which revealed the foundations of the first three arcades. The plan shows these discoveries; it indicates also: the constructions made in front of the Romanesque portal by Robert de Torigni, this abbot’s grave, and his successor Don Martin’s.