Mont Saint Michel is not the only castle in Normandy. There are hundreds of them. Some are used as private housing, some others are museums, finally, some are Airbnbs or a mix of all 3. Today, we’ll gonna talk about one very beautiful castle currently being restored. Annie Uechtritz is restoring with her husband aContinue reading “What is the name of the Uechtritz chateau in Normandy?”
We just discovered that an AI, more precisely the very first newspaper entirely generated by an AI wrote about the Mont Saint Michel. As artificial intelligence (AI) continues to evolve, so too does its ability to generate human-like content. One area where AI is particularly adept is in the realm of travel writing. We’ve allContinue reading “The AI writes about the Mont Saint Michel”
Where to eat in Mont Saint Michel. 4 Hidden gems of best restaurants around Mont Saint Michel
Longest path walking through the Mont Saint Michel
So to sum up : Mont Saint Michel is inside Normandy, at it’s extreme west border.
Access to the village of Mont Saint-Michel is not subject to the presentation of the Health Pass
The Chatelet (dungeon) was built in front of the north external front of Belle-Chaise, on which it leans without joining, leaving between this front and the south one an empty space, a large machicolation protecting the northen door, which has become the second inward door since the Chatelet has been constructed
Independently of its formidable fronts, which can be considered as veritable fortifications, the Merveille was protected by an embattled wall joined to the ramparts.
At the same time that he finished the Knights’ Hall, Thomas des Chambres ordered the building of the Dormitory which he finished before his death, about 1225. The Dormitory is a large Hall erected above the Refectory of which it has the same general dimensions; but, instead of being, as the latter, vaulted with stones and divided into two parts, itContinue reading “The Dormitory”
The Cloister commenced by Thomas des Chambres was finished by Raoul de Villedieu, in 1228. The general form is an irregular quadrilateral figure composed of four galleries that surround the discovered yard or area of the Cloister.